Jet Skis, Snowmobiles and Motorcycles: Self-Storage For The Advenertous
Keeping your ATVs, jet skis, snowmobiles, and motorcycles in a self-storage facility is the best option to protect your vehicles while they are out for the season. Whether you intend to store them for a short or long time, it is recommended that you take the necessary steps and prepare them for storage, so that they are kept in the best condition.
Self-Storage Tips For Jet Skis, Snowmobiles, Motorcycles & ATVs
- When choosing the self-storage unit to store your vehicle, choose one that also accommodates the equipment stored along with your vehicle.
- Measure the width of the unit’s door and make sure that your vehicle can fit.
- Clean your vehicle very well before moving it to the storage unit. This will keep its electrical wiring, furniture, rubber, and paint in good condition.
- Shield your vehicle from dust with a cover.
- Remove the battery and use the “trickle” charger to keep it charged while your vehicle is not in use.
- Ensure your ATVs and similiar vehicles are updated on license plates, as required by law in some states. Keep a copy of your vehicle’s insurance and registration before moving into storage.
- Fill your tires with air and check them for potential damage. Tires can deflate or rot while they are in storage , so pre-filling is necessary.
- Make any necessary repairs before moving into storage. Most self-storage facilities do not permit any repair and maintenance within the units.
- Check the fuel lines and gaskets. For vehicles made of plastic gas tanks, remove most of the gas from the engine. For those made of metal, fill up the tank to the highest level possible. This will help prevent rust from forming. If you plan to store your vehicle for a long period of time, add fuel additive.
Your vehicles will remain in the best condition possible when they’re properly prepared for storage. If you have any questions regarding our services, please let us know and call us today at (330) 484-1370, or send us a message by clicking here.